L'ambiance - A Collaborative Project
In the L'ambiance project I worked with a team of classmates and facilitators to provide L’ambiance’s association and board of directors with two design options for the condominium’s main lobby. We completed the project in three days by working togehter on developing two different concepts, furniture and material selections for each concept, schematic designs and plans, final designs and plans, renderings and presentation boards.
- Opulence: Defined as wealth, riches or affluence.
- Expressed through the use of luxurious materials and a subdued, sophisticated color palette to create the sense of luxury.
- Symmetric repetition will evoke the rich history found in classical architecture, which will be paired with the sleekness of contemporary and modern furniture design.
- Refined textures and finishes will reflect the elegance of the building’s occupants.
- Design principles & elements applied: balance, rhythm, emphasis and texture.
- Serenity: It is the state or quality of being calm or tranquil.
- Appropriately, this is inspired by the tranquil gulf water views that surround the project’s location.
- The use of rhythm and repetition will evoke the soothing sounds of ocean waves, and gentle shapes will emulate the movement of ocean waters.
- Textures and colors will represent elements of West Florida beach environments, such as smoothed beach glass, the luminosity of a wave’s crest and the soothing color palette of the gulf waters.
- Design principles & elements applied: rhythm, shape, texture and color.
*Note: To pause the slideshow hover over it.
Ringling College of Art + Design